Kings of Portugal

1. I hope that my image shows my perspective about Ronaldo. I combined the famous Portuguese soccer player, Ronaldo, with the King of Portugal, Don Sebastian. This shows how important Ronaldo is as he is compared to a king. He is the king of soccer similar to how Sebastian was the king of Portugal.
  2. Some advice I would give is to zoom in in order to blend the face well. The more you zoom in on the picture, the more detailed you can blend the face in making the picture look better.

3 thoughts on “Kings of Portugal

1. What I like most about the concept is the creative blending of Ronaldo with historical and regal imagery, drawing a parallel between his significance in soccer and the historical importance of King Sebastian. This metaphor adds depth to the image, emphasizing Ronaldo’s iconic status in the world of soccer/football.
    As for improvements, the suggestion to zoom in for better face blending is a practical one. Attention to detail, especially when merging two distinct images, is crucial for a seamless and polished result. Ensuring a smooth integration between Ronaldo’s features and those of King Sebastian will enhance the overall impact of the image.
    One piece of advice for the photographer would be to pay attention to lighting and color matching. Achieving consistent lighting between the two images is essential for a realistic blend. Additionally, matching the color tones and contrasts can contribute to a more cohesive and believable final composition.

2. I really like the comparison that you made of CR7 to the King of Portugal. The same way that Don Sebastian was a king of Portugal, Christiano Ronaldo is a king of football. He is the best Portuguese player and among the best in the world.
    Something that could be better is matching the tone of CR7’s skin to Don Sebastian. In the painting Don Sebastian is very light toned. CR7 is very dark however and I would have tried to either lighten CR7 or match the hands with CR7’s tone.
    One piece of advice I have is to match up the hands. His hands are very light but his skin tone is dark. I would have tried to match that up because that was the only thing that messed up the image.

3. I really like this photo, it is actually pretty humorous and has a great connection. The subjects are both very influential people from Portugal and are well beloved. This photo is timeless and so are the figures in the photo.
    One thing that could be better is matching the skin tones. The skin tone of Ronaldo is much darker than that of the original photo. I also think the photo is missing that overall grainy and old feel, which might have been improved by a filter.
    I think just spending a little more time in photoshop would be some good advice for Jack. The photo is really creative and a great idea, but I really just think that more photoshop could improve all your photos that you already have a good base for. You definitely did a good job with this photo.