Art In Nature

Line-natural
Line-man made
Shape-organic
Shape-Geometric
Form-feels 3D
Value
Space-close up
Space-blurry background
Texture
Color-Orange
  1. In my work, I have several different strengths and weaknesses. As for my strengths, I am good at finding different elements of art to take pictures of. I am creative and can find different things outside that would make a good picture. As for weaknesses, I am still learning how to use photoshop and I would like to use it more to enhance my pictures.
  2. In future projects, I would like to change the zoom on my camera to capture different perspectives and and angles of a photo. Furthermore, I want to get better with photoshop. This can be done by cropping my images more or changing the colors within the photo.
  3. One picture I enjoy that shows emotion is the picture of the pink flower. The color shown in that photo shows the beauty of nature. I intended to convey the feelings of admiration and happiness when seeing the pink flower.
  4. One elements of art I would like to explore more is texture. A good photograph can show what the texture feels like without actually feeling it. I think this is very unique and challenges the photographer to take quality photos.
  5. In my next project, I want to experiment more with photoshop. I want to use photoshop to brighten colors and enhance the photo as a whole. I also want to experiment with the camera more in order to take photos with different angles and zooms.

2 thoughts on “Art In Nature

1. After going through this post, I found 2 photos that had a deeper level of thinking embedded within them that I really liked. The first photo that intrigued me was the photo based on value. I appreciated that the artist took the time to find two items that are black and white so that when the photo was fully converted to black and white the items were the focal point of the picture. The other photo that peaked my interest was his take upon organic shape. One thing that I thought was slightly poor was the effort aspect of his photo that was supposed to be based on one color being the main point. It wasn’t primarily based upon just one singular color but I see where he was headed. One photo that featured a composition technique was in the man made line picture where this is REPETITION AND PATTERN present.

2. The two photos I like the most in your post are the value photo and the space-close up photo. It was smart to use dark and bright shoes in the value photo to further express the grayscale. For the space-close up photo, it is perfectly zoomed in on the wilted flower which makes it easy to see the details of the focused subject. One photo that could be better is the space-blurry background photo. The background is only slightly blurry and I think if it was more zoomed in on the subject the background would be blurred more. One photo that uses a composition technique is the shape-geometric photo, which uses PATTERN AND REPETITION. The photo repeats the rectangles and squares on the sidewalk in a diagonal line, which is a cool idea.